Our beef noodle soup is a perfect addition to a menu on a chilly day. Take a look at our 100-gallon recipe.
For more information on cook-chill products, visit our cook-chill products main page.
For Conversions: Took 100 Gal Measurement divided by 100, then multiplied by different Batch Sizes
Example: Water: (65/100)*80= 52 - The amount of water for an 80 Gallon Batch
|100 Gallon Recipe|
|65 GAL Water|
|10 LBS Beef Base|
|20 LBS Onions|
|10 LBS Celery|
|25 TBSP Salt|
|10 TSP White Pepper|
|10 LBS Noodles|
|80 LBS Diced Beef|
|8 LBS Modified Starch|
|2 LBS Butter or Margarine|
|25 LBS Carrots|
|5 TSP Kitchen Bouquet|
|Unit of Measurment|| 80 GAL |
| 60 GAL |
| 40 GAL |
| 20 GAL |
|Water||52 GAL||39 GAL||26 GAL||13 GAL|
|Beef Base||8 LBS||6 LBS||4 LBS||2 LBS|
|Onions||16 LBS||12 LBS||8 LBS||4 LBS|
|Celery||8 LBS||6 LBS||4 LBS||2 LBS|
|Salt||20 TBSP||15 TBSP||10 TBSP||5 TBSP|
|White Pepper||8 TSP||6 TSP||4 TSP||2 TSP|
|Noodles||8 LBS||6 LBS||4 LBS||2 LBS|
|Diced Beef||64 LBS||48 LBS||32 LBS||16 LBS|
|Modified Starch||6.4 LBS||4.8 LBS||3.2 LBS||1.6 LBS|
|Butter or Margarine||1.6 LBS||1.2 LBS||.80 LBS||.40 LBS|
|Carrots||20 LBS||15 LBS||10 LBS||5 LBS|
|Kitchen Bouquet||4 TSP||3 TSP||2 TSP||1 TSP|
1. Inspect the weight and condition of all ingredients.
2. Simmer vegetables until tender then add salt, pepper, base.
3. 1/2 water and beef. Let cook 90 minutes until beef is tender.
4. Mix cornstarch and add remaining water.
5. Set pump speed at 60-100% and agitator speed on 60-80%.
6. Fill casing 4-6" from the top of casing with product. Label. Hold each casing for 3 minutes to allow for inside of casing surface pasteurization. Check seal before adding the casing to the chiller. Put a special label on the last casing so this casing can be found in the chiller. The product temperature of this casing is measured to assess cooling of contents of all casings before they are removed from the chiller.
7. Place in chiller water (35° F) Chill < one hour. Make sure the chiller water has 5 ppm chlorine or equivalent chemical.
When temperature of control casing is < 40° F, all casings can be removed.
8. Put casings (<40° F) one layer deep in storage racks on the cart.
9. Allow food to deep chill to 29° F (+/- 1° F) in < 12 hours.
10. Hold at 29° F (+/- 1° F) and use within 14-30 days.
Re-heating, Plating and Serving
11. When needed, heat Beef Noodle Soup to 165° F (no higher for quality) by an appropriate method.
12. Hold covered at 165° F and serve within 30 minutes so that food is > 150° F when consumed.
13. Dispose of leftovers, or cool at 40° F in < 4 hours and serve within 24 hours.