Make a better Black Bean soup with this recipe from the Flavorseal kitchens.
You'll find additional measurements under the 100 gallon recipe.
|Ingredients||Unit of Measurement|
|Black Beans, Canned 3 CS||12- 10# Cans|
|Diced Onions||100 LBS|
|Diced Celery||70 LBS|
|Diced Carrots||70 LBS|
|Diced Potatoes||150 LBS|
|Chopped Garlic||8 LBS|
|Lemon Juice||128 OZ|
|Chicken Base||15 LBS|
|Modified Starch||10 LBS|
|Peanut Oil||3 GAL|
|Fresh Chopped Cilantro||8 LBS|
|Ingredients||80 Gal||60 Gal||40 Gal||20 Gal|
|Black Beans, Canned||9.60 - 10# Cans||7.20 - 10# Cans||4.80 - 10# Cans||2.40 - 10# Cans|
|Diced Onions||80 LBS||60 LBS||40 LBS||20 LBS|
|Diced Celery||56 LBS||42 LBS||28 LBS||14 LBS|
|Diced Carrots||56 LBS||42 LBS||28 LBS||14 LBS|
|Diced Potatoes||120 LBS||90 LBS||60 LBS||30 LBS|
|Chopped Garlic||6.40 LBS||4.80 LBS||3.20 LBS||1.60 LBS|
|Cumin||.80 LBS||.60 LBS||.40 LBS||.20 LBS|
|Lemon Juice||102.4 OZ||76.8 OZ||51.2 OZ||25.6 OZ|
|Chicken Base||12 LBS||9 LBS||6 LBS||3 LBS|
|Salt||.80 LBS||.60 LBS||.40 LBS||.20 LBS|
|Pepper||.80 LBS||.60 LBS||.40 LBS||.20 LBS|
|Cayenne||.40 LBS||.30 LBS||.20 LBS||.10 LBS|
|Modified Starch||8 LBS||6 LBS||4 LBS||2 LBS|
|Water||40 GAL||30 GAL||20 GAL||10 GAL|
|Peanut Oil||2.40 GAL||1.80 GAL||1.20 GAL||.60 GAL|
|Fresh Chopped Cilantro||6.40 LBS||4.80 LBS||3.20 LBS||1.60 LBS|
1. Inspect the weight and condition of all ingredients.
2. Heat kettle to 140° F.
3. Add onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, oil and garlic. Cook for 30 minutes.
4. Add hot water and black pepper. Set kettle temperature to 180° F and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Combine starch with water and mix until you have a smooth paste. Add paste to soup and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer at 160° F for one hour. Add cilantro.
7. Mix well and pump 1.5 gallons into each casing.
8. Date, label and clip casings and place in water bath chiller. Chill contents of casings to less than 40° F in less than 1-1/2 hours.
9. Refrigerate casings at 28°-30° F.
10. Set pump speed at 60-100% and agitator speed on 60-80%.
11. Fill casing 4-6" from the top of casing with product. Label. Hold each casing for 3 minutes to allow for inside of casing surface pasteurization. Check seal before adding the casing to the chiller. Put a special label on the last casing so this casing can be found in the chiller. The product temperature of this casing is measured to assess cooling of contents of all casings before they are removed from the chiller.
12. Place in chiller water (35° F) Chill < one hour. Make sure the chiller water has 5 ppm chlorine or equivalent chemical.
When temperature of control casing is < 40° F, all casings can be removed.
13. Put casings (<40° F) one layer deep in storage racks on the cart.
14. Allow food to deep chill to 29° F (+/- 1° F) in < 12 hours.
15. Hold at 29° F (+/- 1° F) and use within 14-30 days.
Re-heating, Plating and Serving
16. When needed, heat Black Bean Soup to 165° F (no higher for quality) by an appropriate method.
17. Hold covered at 165° F and serve within 30 minutes so that food is > 150° F when consumed.
18. Dispose of leftovers, or cool at 40° F in < 4 hours and serve within 24 hours.